The Natural Benefits Of Cocoa Butter
While usually chocolate might come to mind when you think of Cocoa Butter, this tasty ingredient is also a staple in a lot of skincare products. Cocoa Butter has a high fat content which gives it a uniquely rich and thick texture, making it feel more luxurious than a lot of other moisturisers. Plus the bonus of having a distinctive chocolatey scent (which is why we love it so much!)
Cocoa Butter is at the core of Palmer’s brand and history because we believe it is nature’s super ingredient. It naturally offers an incredible match for skin’s structure because it melts at skin’s temperature and matches skin’s natural oil balance, while delivering concentrated powerful antioxidants deep into the skin with a broad range of skin benefits.
Palmer’s is the world leader in Cocoa Butter beauty products, and are the largest purchaser of Cocoa Butter outside of the chocolate market. We have ranges across Body, Face, Hair & Stretch Mark that all feature Cocoa Butter.
What is Cocoa Butter?
- Cocoa pods contain dozens of beans, from which Cocoa Butter is extracted.
- It is used most commonly in the production of chocolate, but also has powerful benefits for skin.
- The butter is solid at room temperature, but melts at skin temperature.
What makes it so good for our skin?
Cocoa Butter is high in fatty acids which is why it’s often touted for its ability to naturally moisturise the skin, while improving skin elasticity. The fat in cocoa butter forms a protective barrier over the skin to hold in moisture, while the Cocoa Mass Polyphenols support collagen retention and production.
Cocoa Butter also:
- Deeply hydrates skin
- Smoothes scars, wrinkles and other marks on the skin
- Helps repair chapped lips
- High in fatty acids which improve skin elasticity to help fight the signs of aging
- Naturally provides soothing benefits for burns and rashes like eczema and dermatitis
- Provides antioxidants that can help fight inflammation
Now that we've given you a rundown of the natural benefits Cocoa Butter provides, you can try it for yourself! Check out our new look Cocoa Butter Body Lotion in 250 & 400ml, available at Chemist Warehouse.